Artificial Intelligence Law
Founder, Developer, Attorney- NextLaw.pro March 2023 – Present
NextLaw.pro allows individuals, solo attorneys and small law firms to retrieve more relevant legal information from large language models such as Open AI’s ChatGPT.
- AI Legal Information Retrieval: Founder and implementor of NextLaw.pro, a platform leveraging advanced AI techniques to provide superior retrieval of legal information from large language models like OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
- Curated For Legal Information: Developed and refined NextLaw.pro’s context and system messages which uses artificial intelligence to extract and analyze legal information from vast datasets.
- Developed Context in System Messages that Retrieves More Relevant Legal Information: Developed context and system messages to guide the model’s responses to retrieve more relevant legal information based on a given prompt.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Engineered techniques to enhance the platform’s AI capabilities, ensuring it identifies patterns, connections, and nuances in vast data amounts, enabling users to explore the potential of artificial intelligence and large language models now.
- Educational Initiatives: Established the platform’s public education section, allowing users to explore general legal information available in large language models without registration.
- Regulatory Compliance: Analyzed and addressed compliance with legal standards, emphasizing that it offers general informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice or research.
- Attorney Assistance: Established the platform’s features tailored for solo attorneys and small law firms, enabling them to use AI techniques to retrieve information and analyses from Large Language Models (LLMs). This included emulating the initial steps of a digital assistant to help legal professionals sift through extensive data from models like OpenAI’s ChatGPT, Google’s Bard, and Meta’s open-source models.
Founder – Aijure.com December 2022 – Present
- AI and Law Advocacy: Identified Important Legal Issues, Advocated, and Spearheaded initiatives to maximize human well-being in the application of artificial intelligence to law. Addressed the transformative potential of AI in revolutionizing the legal field and its implications on fairness, impartiality, and justice.
- Promotion of Justice and Due Process: Advocated for the regulated use of AI in law to ensure fair access, objective neutrality, defined boundaries (guard rails), accountability, and respect for individual privacy rights.
- Fair Access to AI: Emphasized the need for society to have equitable access to AI resources, considering AI’s potential ubiquity and power. Explored the concept of regulating AI as an essential utility, ensuring its accessibility to all.
- Objective and Neutral AI: Championed the development of an AI reference model trained to be neutral, factually correct, and unbiased. Highlighted the importance of having an objective AI source, free from commercial or political influence, to serve as a standard for cross-referencing and fact-checking.
- Guard Rails & Human Values: Advocated for the implementation of “guard rails” in AI, ensuring its alignment with human values and positive societal outcomes.
- Accountability in AI: Stressed the importance of AI transparency and the need for AI systems to be accountable for their decision-making processes.
- Privacy and Data Protection: Emphasized the significance of respecting individual privacy in AI data sets. Advocated for selective opt-in mechanisms, allowing individuals to grant AI systems permission to use their private information for specific purposes.
Public Awareness & Engagement: Engaged with the broader community through various platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Medium, to raise awareness about the intersections of AI and law.