Home: Law Offices of John Michael Jensen
Dedicated to representing his client’s best interests, the Law Office of John Michael Jensen is committed to excellence, innovation, and effective advocacy.
- Class Actions – Plaintiff: I have significant experience litigating all aspects of Plaintiffs’ side class actions. I have experience litigating challenging, hard-fought claims against well-funded entities that actively use large law firms as outside counsel.
- Unfair Competition, Business and Professions Code, Litigation: I have significant experience litigating unfair competition and Business & Profession Code Section 17200 and 17500 claims.
- Health Insurance Reimbursement Claims, Out-of-Network Litigation. I have significant experience litigating health insurance reimbursement issues for non-emergency out-of-network claims that arise under the Evidence of Coverage (EOC), Evidence of Benefits (EOB), or other documents.
- Attorney Fee Awards: I have expertise in Attorney Fee awards, including under the “ catalyst” theory of Code of Civil Procedure Section 1021.5.
- Wills, Trusts, Estates Litigation: I have experience in high-value, highly contentious trust and estates litigation.
- Labor and Employment: I have experience litigating various labor and employment claims and disputes, including independent contractor v. employee issues.
- Public Employee Pension Benefits (“CalPERS, CalSTRS”) Litigation: I have significant experience litigating disputes about public benefits under the Government Code, Public Employees Retirement Law (PERL), State Teachers Retirement Law (STRS), and similar law (which resemble ERISA in aspects).
- Government: I have significant experience interpreting government law, statutes, and regulations and resolving issues with state government, state agencies, local government, and municipalities.
- Government Claims Act Litigation: I have significant experience presenting claims to government and Government Claims Act litigation.
- Statutory Law: I have significant experience interpreting statutes and resolving issues that arise under statutory law.
- Administrative Law: I have significant experience litigating matters before the California Office of Administrative hearings (OAH).
- Writs & Appeals: I have litigated many Petitions for Writ of Mandate (Code of Civil Procedure Section 1085), writs of administrative mandamus (Code of Civil Procedure 1094.5), civil appeals to the court of appeal and Supreme Court, and related matters.
John Michael Jensen provides a full range of general practice, business, and other legal services. We have extensive experience in drafting agreements, negotiating and advising on business and government matters. We provide a full complement of legal advice, opinions, and filings.
Law Offices of John Michael Jensen
tel 310-312-1100 email: inquiries johnjensen (@) johnmjensen.com
Terms and Conditions – Disclaimer Access to this website including all publications and other content is provided on the following terms and conditions, to which you agree to be bound by accessing the site. The materials appearing on this website are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. The information provided is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for legal advice and you should not take action based upon information on this website without obtaining your own appropriate legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon any single source of information, including content on this website. You may ask us to send you additional information about us. This site is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship and communications via this website do not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Unless and until we have formally established a lawyer-client relationship, you should not send any confidential information through this website or through any email address posted on this website. If you communicate with us by e-mail via the Contact page on this website in connection with a matter for which we already represent you, please remember that such transmissions are not secure and you should avoid sending sensitive or confidential messages unless they are adequately encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for the unauthorized access by a third party and/or the corruption of data being sent by any third party to Law Offices of John Michael Jensen. Articles and other publications are current as at their date of publication and do not necessarily reflect the current state of the law. While we try to ensure that the content is correct, we do not give any warranty as to the accuracy and completeness of the content. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility or liability to users or any third parties in relation to the use of the material or their contents or for any error or omission. Links to other sites from the pages on this website are for information only and Law Offices of John Michael Jensen accepts no responsibility for any material on any website which is linked from or to this website.